Using ‘Doodle’ #3 (you can scroll back to the Oct. 8 post to see the ’Doodles’ used for the worksheet) for the main design, I was faced with three downward projections/columns. As the worksheet design developed, each downward column became a wide block that screamed for some type of design to fill it. To the left-added the rectangles, triangles filtered into the right one, and for the center I chose a grouping of random hieroglyphics type shapes.
As the Worksheet developed, I found that I was able to incorporate two additional ’doodle’ selections made by Carole. If you’re following these sequenced posts and refer back to last weeks ’First sequenced Doodle’ post, the primary design is based on doodle #2 and the two additional doodles added are #5 and #4. I was also able, in the top left corner, to find a place for a reduced version of Carole’s original selection, doodle #1.
I mentioned in last weeks ‘Doodle’ posting that there was a particular design issue confronting me. On ‘doodle’ #1, there were seven receding layers (shapes) that I wanted rework to get just three layers. Shown to the left on this worksheet is that solution. Three layers but I managed to give the appearance of more layers by connecting some of the shapes rather than them all overlapping each other.
Lots of erasing, deleting and replacing a ‘doodle’, and more erasing, and even a little more erasing, to finally get an image on the worksheet I would be satisfied with. Now for transferring the line work onto the Gesso prepped board and making color choices.
From the + 12 portion of this project, these ‘Doodles’ were selected by a fellow artist and good friend, Susan.
A selection of twists and turns. I chose Doodle #1 and realized that I needed an additional selection to make it fit the 12 x 12 inch format. I choose Doodle #2 and rotated it 90 degrees so the side labeled ‘b1’ was positioned to the bottom of the page along with a few alterations. After many attempts to make it work, I dropped Doodle #1, rotated #2 another 90 degrees, so ‘b2’ was now (with additional alteration) towards the bottom of the page. I then added Doodle #3 to the right side of it.