To reference the ‘Doodles’ used, my favorite youngest son’s initial choice was a future city scene. I decided to use another ’Doodle’ he selected as the main subject but I did figure a way of using the ’city’. With his fondest of posting T-Rex/dinosaur memes/videos on FaceBook, I worked in a few dinosaurs, albeit tiny, and thus they and the city spawned the Title.
Next Monday the ‘Doodle’ for the final painting in this project.
A Note: The final painting in this project is called ‘Post Expiration Date Blues’ and the descriptive text for the three Monday posts (’Doodle’, Worksheet’, and Painting’) will be done in Song lyric format with verse and chorus.
Using ‘Doodle’ #3 (you can scroll back to the Oct. 8 post to see the ’Doodles’ used for the worksheet) for the main design, I was faced with three downward projections/columns. As the worksheet design developed, each downward column became a wide block that screamed for some type of design to fill it. To the left-added the rectangles, triangles filtered into the right one, and for the center I chose a grouping of random hieroglyphics type shapes.
After a slight intermission for Postings of the 1448 Gallery exhibit, the Monday’s posting will now return to the 12 + 12, 12 x 12’s project. After over two years of Monday postings, these are the final two paintings in the project.
From the + 12 portion of this project, the ‘Doodles’ for this painting were selected by Jesse, one of my two sons. My other son, Eric, had chosen ‘doodles’ for painting #12.
Jesse’s first choice was the doodle circled as #1. Not satisfied with this doodle as the main subject, I selected, from another of his choices circled as #2, the one to the left circled as #3 to play the main subject/design role.
From the + 12 portion of this project, the ‘Doodles’ for this painting were selected from my sketchbooks by a fellow Artist and good friend, Carole.
This painting, #22, shares a theme with #20, #21, and upcoming #23. In each, I had selected a ‘Doodle’ from ones they had choose. In each I had developed a Worksheet and in three of the four I had started a painting. As my paint application evolved with the previous 19 paintings in this project and two intermissions that I veered away to create eleven, 8 x 10 paintings and seven, 11 x 14 paintings respectably, I ran into a roadblock in finishing these four 12 x 12’s.
I asked each of these individuals to select new ’Doodles’ from the sketchbooks.
Circled Doodle #1 was Carole’s original choice. Number 2 was one of her new choices, as was #3 and #5. I choose to work with #2 but kept open the option of incorporating #5 and #4, pending how the Worksheet developed.
From the + 12 portion of this project, the ‘Doodles’ for this painting were selected from my sketchbooks by a fellow Art craftsman and good friend, Mac.
Of the three Mac selected, I chose Doodle #1. Two concerns cropped up, one was the receding of multiple layers. Somehow I needed to rework the seven layers to get it to about 3 or 4 receding shapes but still maintain the integrity of the selected ‘Doodle’. Two, also, as in the previous #20 Doodle posting, I realized that I needed an additional selection to make it fit the 12 x 12 inch format. Neither of Mac’s other two choices seemed to work. With that I perused through the Sketchbooks and found Doodle #2.
Lots of erasing, deleting and replacing a ‘doodle’, and more erasing, and even a little more erasing, to finally get an image on the worksheet I would be satisfied with. Now for transferring the line work onto the Gesso prepped board and making color choices.